We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PopupControlContainer behavior changes?

We recently upgraded to version 3.2.1.1. I''ve noticed a bit of a problem in the following situation: I have a PopupControlContainer that contains a ListBox. The ListBox handles the MouseUp event. Following our upgrade the MouseUp occurs after the popup has disappeared and I can no longer determine what item was clicked. Is there something I have set to prevent the popup from hiding before the mouse message gets to the child ListBox?

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 27, 2005 07:54 PM UTC

Hi Justin, Setting IgnoreMouseMessages to true should prevent the Popup from closing before the MouseUp message. You can then close the Popup yourself in the event handler. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

PM Peter Moss June 6, 2005 02:27 PM UTC

Greg and Justin, We have also experienced significant changes to PopupControlContainer behavior since upgrading to 3.2.1.1. I read Greg''s response and tried setting IgnoreMouseMessages = true, but that doesn''t work. I have a simple app that demonstrates the problem. I have a PopupControlContainer that contains a ListBox and I handle the ListBox.MouseUp event. In the handler, I call PopupControlContainer.HidePopup(Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.PopupCloseType.Done). I then handle the PopupControlContainer.CloseUp event and check for e.PopupCloseType = Done. In 3.2.1.1, the CloseUp event occurs BEFORE the MouseUp event and PopupCloseType = Deactivated. So this is a significant change in behavior. There are also a few other problems related to the changes such as now you can''t close the popup unless you select an item, or hit Esc. It used to be that you could click anywhere else and have the popup close. This no longer works. I will be filing a Direct-Track incident and I''ll attach my sample app that illustrates the problem. Pete

JD Justin DeCourcy June 17, 2005 06:01 PM UTC

Was there a solution or workaround for this? IgnoreMouseMessages did not do it.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 17, 2005 10:54 PM UTC

Hi Justin, There has been an internal change to PopupControlContainer recently that may have fixed this problem. I''ll look into it and see if I can find anything. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

JD Justin DeCourcy June 21, 2005 06:35 PM UTC

Were you able to find anything? Time is getting tight - I need to know if I need to go in another direction on a UI feature or if there will be some sort of fix or workaround. Thanks. >Hi Justin, > > There has been an internal change to PopupControlContainer recently that may have fixed this problem. I''ll look into it and see if I can find anything. > >Regards, >Gregory Austin >Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 21, 2005 09:49 PM UTC

Hi Justin, There was a bug in IgnoreMouseMessages that was corrected (Defect #322) recently. It''s possible that it corrected this problem. As I''ve been unable to reproduce this problem here, would it be possible for you to send me a sample that does so, so that I can test it to see if your problem has been corrected? Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon