We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GroupingGrid BackColor bug

No matter what value you set for the GroupingGrid BackColor it always paints itself with white background even though the value is actually serialized correcty in the InitializeComponent section.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 26, 2005 01:10 PM UTC

The colors that determine the displayed grid''s colors are: this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.BackColor = Color.Red; this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.Properties.BackgroundColor = Color.Red; so you can work around this problem by setting these colors after the grid has been initialized. I have forwarded this issue onto the grid architect to see about fixing this in our code.

RA Ranjit June 8, 2005 08:21 AM UTC

I seem to have a problem highlighting rows in a GroupingGrid Control at runtime, i.e. change the BackColor and TextColor. Are these problems related? I have tried: 1. GridRangeInfo range = this.m_Grid.TableModel.Selections.Ranges.ActiveRange; if (!range.IsEmpty) { for (int r = range.Top; r < range.Bottom; r++) { for (int iCount = 0; iCount < m_Grid.TableModel.ColCount; iCount++) { ((GridTableCellStyleInfo) this.m_Grid.TableModel[r, iCount]).TextColor = Color.Red; } } } 2. GridRangeInfo range = this.m_Grid.TableModel.Selections.Ranges.ActiveRange; if (!range.IsEmpty) { for (int r = range.Top; r < range.Bottom; r++) { m_Grid.TableModel.RowStyles[r].BackColor = Color.Red; m_Grid.TableModel.RowStyles[r].TextColor = Color.White; } } Ranjit >The colors that determine the displayed grid''s colors are: > >this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.BackColor = Color.Red; >this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel.Properties.BackgroundColor = Color.Red; > >so you can work around this problem by setting these colors after the grid has been initialized. > >I have forwarded this issue onto the grid architect to see about fixing this in our code.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 8, 2005 09:35 AM UTC

Similar to the restriction on our GriddataBoundGrid discussed in this KB, http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=83 you cannot just ''set'' cell specific properties (other than the CellValue) in a GridGroupingControl. You can set column wide styles using grid.tableDescriptor.Column[x].Appearance property, you can set conditional row formats by adding ConditionalFormats. See this thread. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=19910 If you want to set properties cell by cell, then you need to handle the QueryCellStyleInfo event. Here is a thread that discusses this. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=26929 In version 3.2, we ship a sample that generalizes this QueryCellStyleInfo approach. It actually stores style objects and uses QueryCellStyleInfo to apply these cached styles in QueryCellStyleInfo Here is a link to this 3.2 sample. \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.2.0.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\EmployeeViewXmlIO\CS

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon