We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Import excel into DataGrid?

Greetings! I am new to Syncfusion. My co-worker moved on and now I am trying to work with what he left. He was already using SyncfusionExcelRW in his web app, and what I need to be able to do is take an excel sheet and put it into a datagrid. I have searched the web and read through the forum, but I could not find the information that I need. If this is possible, any help would be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks! Kris

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2005 09:36 PM UTC

Okay. I''m moving along a little with this... But I''m still not getting anything into my DataTable using ExportDataTable. Could someone please tell me what I''m doing wrong? Dim excelEngine As ExcelEngine = New ExcelEngine Dim application As IApplication = excelEngine.Excel Dim postedFile As HttpPostedFile = uploadedFile.PostedFile Dim filename As String = Path.GetFileName(postedFile.FileName) Dim myWorkBook As IWorkbook = ExcelUtils.Open(filename) Dim sheet As IWorksheet = myWorkBook.Worksheets(0) Dim lastrow As Integer = sheet.UsedRange.End.Column Dim i As Integer Dim dt As DataTable Dim dt2 As DataTable For i = 1 To lastrow - 1 Step i + 1 ''dt = sheet.ExportDataTable(i, 1, lastrow, 1, True) dt2 = sheet.ExportDataTable(sheet.Range(i + 1, 1), False) Next DataGrid1.DataSource = dt2 DataGrid1.DataBind() DataGrid1.Visible = True Thanks in advance

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 27, 2005 04:25 PM UTC

Hi Kris, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Please try this Dim dt As DataTable = mySheet.ExportDataTable(mySheet.UsedRange, False) Me.DataGrid1.DataSource = dt Here is a winforms sample that demonstrates the usage, the code is the same for webforms application also Sample Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Stephen. > >Okay. I''m moving along a little with this... >But I''m still not getting anything into my DataTable using ExportDataTable. > >Could someone please tell me what I''m doing wrong? > > Dim excelEngine As ExcelEngine = New ExcelEngine > Dim application As IApplication = excelEngine.Excel > > Dim postedFile As HttpPostedFile = uploadedFile.PostedFile > Dim filename As String = Path.GetFileName(postedFile.FileName) > Dim myWorkBook As IWorkbook = ExcelUtils.Open(filename) > > Dim sheet As IWorksheet = myWorkBook.Worksheets(0) > Dim lastrow As Integer = sheet.UsedRange.End.Column > Dim i As Integer > Dim dt As DataTable > Dim dt2 As DataTable > > > For i = 1 To lastrow - 1 Step i + 1 > > ''dt = sheet.ExportDataTable(i, 1, lastrow, 1, True) > dt2 = sheet.ExportDataTable(sheet.Range(i + 1, 1), False) > > Next > > DataGrid1.DataSource = dt2 > DataGrid1.DataBind() > DataGrid1.Visible = True > >Thanks in advance

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 27, 2005 05:23 PM UTC

Is it possible to run in a web app rather than a win form? Thanks, Kris

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 13, 2005 10:43 PM UTC

Hi Kris, Please find a web forms version of the sample that loads data from excel into the web Data Grid linked to below: ImportExcelDataGrid_1188.zip Note: There is a Template.xls in the bin folder of the web application. The path to this file is hardcoded in code. Please change this to your environment. Thanks, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon