We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Is this possible? A TreeViewAdv with nodes that are unbound grids

Hello, Is there a way to attach a GridControl as the child of a TreeNodeAdv? Something like TreeNodeAdv node = new TreeNodeAdv("GridNode"); node.Controls.Add(new GridControl()); I''m not interested in using the hierarchical mode of the GridControl, and would rather be able to have independent behaviors (size, columns, style, etc.) for each Grid. I''m ok with having to derive from TreeNodeAdv, add a control array, handle the drawing & resizing myself, etc.; but I thought I''d check to see if there was a better (read:easier) way already available. Thanks! Keith

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 20, 2005 04:09 PM UTC

Whether this is really doable without a great deal of work depends upon a few things. Do you want several grids visible at one time? Do you need these several visible grids to be scrollable in the tree? Will there only be 3 or 4 nodes, or 3,000 nodes? Any yes response to the above questions probably raises the complexity of the task exponentially. You should start out by just trying to expand/collapse the node height as you click the node. This would be the first step. Then try drawing a rectangle in the expanded area. If scrolling is needed, then try scrolling your rectangle nodes to see how things work. After that, you could try just putting a colored panel where you have the rectangles. If you can get this working to suit your needs, then I getting arbitary grids working in the same manner would be doable.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon