We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGrouping GROUP BY

hi there, iam trying to group a 1st normal form xml table, but without showing groups. i need to group under a repeating field, sum by another units field, we were trying summarizing, and we did but not seems very handy to deal with the group caption, is there any way ?

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2005 12:39 AM UTC

I am not sure I totally understand what you want. Here is a sample that displays a grid with the records ordered as in a group with a summary row for each group, but no group captions or +/- cells showing. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_DataSetMerge_540f86c7.zip

LJ Luis Javier Mompart May 18, 2005 09:09 AM UTC

>I am not sure I totally understand what you want. > >Here is a sample that displays a grid with the records ordered as in a group with a summary row for each group, but no group captions or +/- cells showing. > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_DataSetMerge_540f86c7.zip > > img1_4942.zip thanks for your reply, the file sent don''t suites our needs, so i''ll send you a bmp. the point is that: We need ''Referencia'' field replacement functionality and appearance exactly the same as ''descripción'', but we dont know how to make caption header ( the GREY one ) behaves like the White one. e.g. where is ''Referencia: 002727 - 2 items'' there has to be ''002727'' standard white good old grid cell style (with editing) dont know wheter if its possible or not, we try GroupCaptionRowHeaderCell, store object, setvalue method, but we failed.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 19, 2005 12:20 AM UTC

Try adding a QueryCellStyleInfo event handler and setting the properties of teh caption cells there. private void gridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e) { if(e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.GroupCaptionCell) { e.Style.CellType = "Static"; e.Style.BackColor = Color.White; } }

LJ Luis Javier Mompart May 19, 2005 03:11 PM UTC

>Try adding a QueryCellStyleInfo event handler and setting the properties of teh caption cells there. > >private void gridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e) >{ > if(e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.GroupCaptionCell) > { > e.Style.CellType = "Static"; > e.Style.BackColor = Color.White; > } >} > great, but need to edit groupcaptioncell, and get/set its value from ''Referencias'' column ( i see that TextBox inherits from Static, maybe i can state it behaves like a standard column ?¿) thanks in advance

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 20, 2005 11:20 AM UTC

The problem with trying to edit these cells is that the grid is not set up to ''save'' edited cahnegs for caption cells. The content of these cells are dynamically provided on demand when they are needed. So you would have to come up with some ''datastore" to hold these edited values and provide them in QueryCellStyleInfo. Here is a forum thread that discusses this. It starts out discussing makeing summary rows editable, but later moves into making captions editable. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=18703

LJ Luis Javier Mompart May 23, 2005 05:25 PM UTC

>The problem with trying to edit these cells is that the grid is not set up to ''save'' edited cahnegs for caption cells. The content of these cells are dynamically provided on demand when they are needed. So you would have to come up with some ''datastore" to hold these edited values and provide them in QueryCellStyleInfo. > >Here is a forum thread that discusses this. It starts out discussing makeing summary rows editable, but later moves into making captions editable. > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=18703 thanks for all !!! ill take a look. (we are currently check extrasection (RowFactory) to workaround, plus QueryCellStyleInfo).

LJ Luis Javier Mompart May 25, 2005 10:49 AM UTC

> > >>The problem with trying to edit these cells is that the grid is not set up to ''save'' edited cahnegs for caption cells. The content of these cells are dynamically provided on demand when they are needed. So you would have to come up with some ''datastore" to hold these edited values and provide them in QueryCellStyleInfo. >> >>Here is a forum thread that discusses this. It starts out discussing makeing summary rows editable, but later moves into making captions editable. >> >>http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=18703 > > >thanks for all !!! ill take a look. > >(we are currently check extrasection (RowFactory) to workaround, plus QueryCellStyleInfo). > > I have an aditional question we''ve created RecordDetailsSection with CreateRecordDetails method. ¿how can we hide those details inside a group with code, but still available (for calcs in custom section) ?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon