We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Merging Toolbar Buttons

Hi, Is there any way we can merge toolbar buttons in a MDI Application? We have a requirement, where we have to place a few child form toolbar buttons between the toolbar buttons in the MDI form. Thanks & Regards Vinay

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 17, 2005 05:35 PM UTC

Hi Vinay, MainFrameBarManager and ChildFrameBarManager provide support for merging the bars of the Mdi Parent with Mdi Children. Alternatively, you can handle the MdiChildActivate to dynamically change the Toolbar depending on the active child yourself. If you have any questions regarding details, please let me know. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

VI Vinay May 18, 2005 06:04 AM UTC

Hi, We have a MDI Form with a MainframeBarManager Containing a ToolBar & MainMenu Bar. In the Child form we have a childframebarmanager containing a Menu Bar & a Toolbar. we are able to merge the menu (ie Mainmenu Bar & Menu bar in the child form) but we are unable to merge the two toolbars. Thanks & Regards Vinay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2005 03:21 PM UTC

Hi Vinay, Are these Toolbars that won''t merge instances of XPToolBar? XPToolBars and BarManagers are not intended to be used in the same application, and therefore the BarManager cannot handle the merging of an XPToolBar. To enable merging, please convert your XPToolBar into a BarManager Bar. Or you can use the MdiChildActivate event to implement your own merging for ToolBars. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

VI Vinay May 19, 2005 09:45 AM UTC

Hi, The Toolbars that wont merge are XPMenus.Bar and not XPToolbars. Regards Vinay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 19, 2005 09:24 PM UTC

Hi Vinay, Have you double checked the MergeTypes and that the two Bars have exactly the same name. Other than that, I''m not sure what the problem is. What version are you using? Also, do you have a sample that you could send me that demonstrates this failure to merge? Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon