We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using ComboBoxBarItem

Hi, I am trying to use your ComboBoxBarItem Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.XPMenus.ComboBoxBarItem Unfortunately, I cannot find any doco on it. Quite simply what I need to do is when a user selects an item from the list or hits enter after entering an item, I want to fire an event, but there does not seem to be one.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 13, 2005 06:12 PM UTC

Hi Rich, The Click event of the ComboBoxBarItem should fire every time the user presses Enter or selects an item from the dropdown. Please refer to our online documentation on ComboBoxBarItem. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

RI Rich May 24, 2005 09:05 AM UTC

Thanks Gregory unfortunately this control seems buggy. 1. when you click the drop arrow and navigate down the choice list with the arrow keys, the click event is fired on each press of the arrowkeys, as well as when you press enter. Normal behavior would be that the click event is only fired when enter is pressed. 2. When selecting an item by clicking it from the choicelist the correct item is returned by TextBoxValue in the click event. However if you type a value in the box and hit enter, the last value is returned by TextBoxValue, instead of the value that was just typed.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 25, 2005 08:01 PM UTC

Hi Rich, Keyboard navigation for ComboBoxBarItem was only recently added and has not been fully refined yet. I agree with your suggestions and have entered them as Defect #359. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon