We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tab down instead of across?

I'd like to change the grid so that tabbing goes down the rows, then goes back up to the top of the next column, and continues down (only for focus-enabled cells, of course). However, I didn't see anything in the object model that would automatically support this, and my attempts to play around with various events have been unsuccessful so far. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks! -- Sean T.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 19, 2003 09:52 AM UTC

Hi Tim, what you have to do is handle the TAB key yourself. Do that that in OnKeyDown and OnCurrentCellKeyDown events. From these methods call a custom method that moves the current cell. If you have source code for EG, take a look at the CurrentCell.Move method. That's where you find the WrapCell code for wrapping the cell at the end of the row to the beginning of next code. If you create your own Move method similar to the one in CurrentCell.Move, copy that code and modify it to your needs you should be able to get this working. One note. In that code, instead of calling ExternalMove/InternalMove just call CurrentCell.Move. I haven't tried that. But that's how I would approach this. Let me know if run into problems. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon