We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

single click drag ''n'' drop

Hi, I am using a custom mouse controller for the drag drop opeartions, from a data grouping grid that has only one column. I make a call to DoDragDrop from MouseDown event. Currently I have to click twice, once to select a row and then to start the drag drop operation. Is there any way I can capture the row selection event and then make a call to the "DoDragDrop" function from there? Thanks

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 12, 2005 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Rishi, Attached find a sample that implements this by handling the ScrollControlMouseDown event and manually selecting the record before calling DoDragDrop. SingleClickDragDrop.zip Stefan >Hi, >I am using a custom mouse controller for the drag drop opeartions, from a data grouping grid that has only one column. I make a call to DoDragDrop from MouseDown event. > >Currently I have to click twice, once to select a row and then to start the drag drop operation. > >Is there any way I can capture the row selection event and then make a call to the "DoDragDrop" function from there? > >Thanks >

RT Rishi Tandon May 17, 2005 11:08 AM UTC

Hi Stefan, I am not able to see the event "ScrollControlMouseDown" in my version of the grid. I have 3.0.1.0 with me. Is there any other event that I could use? Regards, Rishi

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 22, 2005 08:36 PM UTC

Rishi, I ported back a couple of function from 3.2 to 3.0.1.0 and modified the sample to make it compile with 3.0.1.0. This is the modified sample code for 3.0.1.0: SingleClickDragDrop.zip Stefan >Hi Stefan, > >I am not able to see the event "ScrollControlMouseDown" in my version of the grid. I have 3.0.1.0 with me. Is there any other event that I could use? > >Regards, >Rishi

LO lol February 3, 2008 04:37 AM UTC

>Hi Stefan,
>
>I am not able to see the event "ScrollControlMouseDown" in my version of the grid. I have 3.0.1.0 with me. Is there any other event that I could use?
>
>Regards,
>Rishi

LO lol February 3, 2008 04:38 AM UTC

>Hi Rishi,
>
>Attached find a sample that implements this by handling the ScrollControlMouseDown event and manually selecting the record before calling DoDragDrop.
>
>SingleClickDragDrop.zip
>
>Stefan
>
>
>>Hi,
>>I am using a custom mouse controller for the drag drop opeartions, from a data grouping grid that has only one column. I make a call to DoDragDrop from MouseDown event.
>>
>>Currently I have to click twice, once to select a row and then to start the drag drop operation.
>>
>>Is there any way I can capture the row selection event and then make a call to the "DoDragDrop" function from there?
>>
>>Thanks
>>

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon