We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ComboBoxAdv with AutoSelection

I am trying to find an example that will allow us to use a ComboBoxAdv control with AutoSelection of items as the user types in the text. Currently, you provide AutoCompletion which only displays a subset of matching items from a data source in a dropdown box. I reviewed most examples in the forum and the AutoCompletionDemo, but none of them have what we want. In our case, we just want the text typed by the user to locate a matching item in the list of available items in ComboBoxAdv. Is there an example for this that we could use? Thanks, WNC

4 Replies

WC Walter Cedeno May 10, 2005 07:10 PM UTC

Found a temporary fix to auto selection by setting the DropDownStyle to DropDown. When DropDownList is used every character typed moved the selection to the option starting with the typed character. The only limitation is that the user is not provided the drop down list of the options while typing the text.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 12, 2005 06:21 PM UTC

Hi WNC, Unfortunately, I''m not aware of any way to cause the dropdown to open when a key is pressed. The only suggestion I can give you is to try setting MatchFirstCharacterOnly to false. However, I do have a sample with a simple-style ComboBox (with the dropdown always open in the form of ListBox) if you''re interested. It isn''t a ComboBoxAdv however. Please let me know if you''re interested. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

WC Walter Cedeno May 12, 2005 07:27 PM UTC

Thanks Greg, Please post the sample so that we can evaluate the best interface. Thanks, WNC

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 12, 2005 08:31 PM UTC

Hi WNC, Please refer to this forum post. It contains a link to the sample and a discussion of its exact nature. Hope it helps. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon