We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Dockable Control

Hi, I just have started looking into DockMager. I need to know few thing. It would be great if I can get some sample. I know you guys are known for best support. Q1 Can I OR How Can I dock a control to the one of the side (left/right) Q2 Can I dock a control, which is basically withing a regular tab page. I am asking this because at the design time it would be easy to create a panel of controls on a separate tab page then dock it. There is already lots of control on my form. So I was thinking create these dockable controls on different tab pages, so that it would be easy to manage them at design time. If you could provide some sample them it would be great. Thanks,

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 10, 2005 09:03 PM UTC

Hi Amit, I have created a sample that demonstrates the things you describe: #1: Using DockControl / FloatControl to programatically dock a control to various places. #2: Using a TabControlAdv with DockingManager to create a group of dockable controls. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this sample. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 10, 2005 11:18 PM UTC

Gregory, I guess i could not explain the 2nd problem well. I have some hidden tabpages under tabcontroladv. there is a panel on each tab page. i need to dock those panel as one dock unit on the left. how can i do that. please help me with that. waiting for reply!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 11, 2005 02:28 PM UTC

Nevermind. I found it and it can be done. thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 11, 2005 03:13 PM UTC

Amit: how did you go about achieving this?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 11, 2005 05:18 PM UTC

I didn''t do it any thing special. this.dockingManager.DockControl(this.pnlFlowChartSelection, this, DockingStyle.Right, 300); this.dockingManager.SetDockLabel(this.pnlFlowChartSelection, "FlowChart Selction"); my panel is on a hidden tab page. thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 11, 2005 06:16 PM UTC

Oh, ok. I thought you had windows docked inside your tab control (which is not possible). I see what you did now. Thanks.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon