We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Keyboard Issue

I''ve been studing a common samples of Essential Tools (VS.NET Demo) when I saw following issue: When child frame contains TabControl (i.e. like a StartPage) all keyboard input is somehow intercepted by TabControl. Wherefor if user tries to use keyboard to navigate menu, he fails. Is there any way to solve this problem? (Essential Studio 3.2.1.0 on .Net 1.1+SP1 )

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 6, 2005 03:15 PM UTC

Hi Dmitriy, I loaded the sample on my system and tested for this problem and was unable to reproduce it. Are you using Windows XP? If not, please let me know and I''ll test the sample on a different operating system. Any other relevant information about your system would help as well. Thank you for your cooperation. Regards, Gregory Austin

NO NonExisto May 10, 2005 06:33 AM UTC

Hello Gregory. I''m using wXP+SP2(build in) and proplem still apear on my desktop. So let me explain it step by step. Well I lunch the application and press and resease ALT key (to highlight main menu). Then I use a arrows to navigate menu like this: down, right, right, down, down.. When menu loses input. I don''t think it''s a TabControl on StartPage the problem reproduced on C# file child frame just the same.

NO NonExisto May 10, 2005 06:40 AM UTC

By the way. I asked my friend to reproduce this issue on his machine. It been reproduced on w2K3+SP1 just the same way.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 10, 2005 09:11 PM UTC

Hi Dmitriy, Thanks for your feedback. This is a known shortcoming in the XPMenus framework in v3.2.1.0 and we have an open bug report defect# 259 on this : Defect #259 - Keyboard navigation disabled in XPMenus We will try our very best to address this issue at the earliest. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for your patience. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon