We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Interactive Chart

How do I implement an interactive chart? I would like to be able to drag and drop data points with the mouse. I need some means of translating coordinate values to axis values. I can achieve the opposite using the ChartControl methods GetChartAreaCoordinates, GetChartAreaCoordinateX, GetChartAreaCoordinateY but this is no use on its own. This interactive functionality is very easy to achieve using ChartFX so I would assume it can be done in Essential. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks Jason.

5 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team May 5, 2005 11:09 PM UTC

Hi Jason, The ability for retrieve the value against an axis for a coordinate was added to Essential Chart recently. This feature will be made available within the next few days as a patch release. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 1, 2005 09:27 PM UTC

I am currently in need of this ability as well. Is it in a downloadable patch now? Thanks, Dave >Hi Jason, > >The ability for retrieve the value against an axis for a coordinate was added to Essential Chart recently. This feature will be made available within the next few days as a patch release. > >Thank you for your patience. > >Regards, > >Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 3, 2005 03:40 AM UTC

Hi Dave, You can download the latest patch from the link below: http://www.syncfusion.com/squiffler/patches/v3.2.1.516/syncfusionessentialstudiopatchsetup.exe Version 3.2.1.516 requires version 3.2.1.0 to be installed. Please download version 3.2.1.0 from Direct-Trac. You can also access the key for 3.2.1.0 from within Direct-Trac: http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/DirectTrac/default.aspx Please refer to the sample linked to below for an example usage of the ChartArea.GetValueByPoint and ChartArea.GetPointByValue methods: GetPointByValueBarRenderer_3660.zip Thanks, Davis

DT Dave Taylor July 5, 2005 09:12 PM UTC

Thanks Davis! The GetValueByPoint works great. A couple little issues: 1) FYI, during installation I did get a little message box with the following message "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: stream"...it appears to have installed successfully anyway. 2) My chart type is a Gantt chart and it appears that the X value contains the series number (along the vertical axis) and the YValue(0) contains the dates (even though the dates are along the horizontal axis)...is this the expected behavior? Thanks, Dave Taylor PERI >Hi Dave, > >You can download the latest patch from the link below: > >http://www.syncfusion.com/squiffler/patches/v3.2.1.516/syncfusionessentialstudiopatchsetup.exe >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 7, 2005 08:03 PM UTC

Hi Dave, Thanks for the feedback. 1. We will fix the problem with the error message during the patch install. 2. When populating the Gantt chart, data is taken in the order of X as the first parameter and then an array of Y values. The representation is rotated such that the X axis is vertical and the Y axis is horizontal. The values returned by GetValueByPoint are these same values. I understand it is a bit confusing, but this is the expected behavior. Thanks, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon