We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Trouble with DateTimePickerExt

I'm not having much luck getting help from Syncfusion with the DateTimePickerExt control. Is anyone else out there using it? Have you figured out a way to initialize the date value to null? I'm also having problems with the CloseUp event. Anyone using it?

16 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2003 10:53 AM UTC

Hi Ken, For question 1, you should use this.dateTimePickerExt1.IsNullDate = true; For 2, can you send a snippet that illustrates what you are doing? Thanks, Daniel Syncfusion

KJ Kenneth Johnson February 18, 2003 11:04 AM UTC

I've already tried this: this.IsNullDate = true; this.Value = System.DateTime.Parse("1/1/1753"); this.NullString = ""; This was suggested by Clay yesterday morning. It didn't work. For number 2, all I'm doing is using the designer to create an event handler for the CloseUp event, putting a break point on a line inside, and running my app in debug. The app does not stop after selecting a date from the calender like it does in the MS DateTimePicker.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2003 11:15 AM UTC

Ken, For 1, lines 2 and 3 are not required. It should just be this.dateTimePickerExt1.IsNullDate = true; What version of the product are you using? Do you have the latest service pack? Thanks, Daniel

KJ Kenneth Johnson February 18, 2003 11:22 AM UTC

When I set IsNullDate=true, the text box is initialized with 10/25/2002. I found in your source code where value is being set to this date. The IsNullDate property does not appear to be affecting the initial value. When I look at the properties of the reference in my project, the version is listed as 1.5.1.1.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2003 11:22 AM UTC

Hi Ken, WRT problem 1, I can see the problem. It only happens when the value is changed from the default. I have logged a high priority bug report. It should be fixed later today. Thanks, Daniel Syncfusion

KJ Kenneth Johnson February 18, 2003 11:25 AM UTC

OK. Any thoughts regarding the CloseUp event?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2003 11:34 AM UTC

Ken, The current version is 1.5.1.6. With version 1.5.1.3 we completely rewrote the DateTimePickerExt (external interface remains the same) to overcome some restrictions of the common control (the common control is restricted to displaying dates in the culture of the thread etc). We will have a service pack version available as soon as problem 1 is fixed. With the new version you should not experience problem 2) either. Thanks, Daniel

KJ Kenneth Johnson February 18, 2003 11:35 AM UTC

Thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2003 08:53 PM UTC

Ken, We are still working on this. We expect to have it completed by late tomorrow. Thanks for your patience. Best regards, Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 20, 2003 01:28 AM UTC

Ken, We have run into some delays. The update should definitely be available on Friday. Thanks. Regards, Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 26, 2003 12:53 AM UTC

Ken, I apologize but there have been some more delays. We are really hoping to have this out before Thursday. Thanks for your patience. Best regards, Daniel Syncfusion

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 27, 2003 01:56 AM UTC

Hi Ken, Service pack 1.5.2.0 is now available. It can be downloaded using the Direct-Trac interface. Regards, Daniel

AK Ankur Kalsi April 23, 2004 03:07 PM UTC

Has this been fixed yet. >Hi Ken, > >WRT problem 1, I can see the problem. It only happens when the value is changed from the default. I have logged a high priority bug report. It should be fixed later today. > >Thanks, >Daniel >Syncfusion

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 23, 2004 03:39 PM UTC

Hi Ankur, In the DateTimePickerAdv, the Value has to be reset (right click on the Value field in the property grid and check Reset) in the designer before setting the IsNullDate property to true. If not, IsNullDate gets reset to false. Please try this and let me know if you need further assistance. Note that you need to have Essential Suite v1.6.1.8 or higher for this. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AK Ankur Kalsi April 26, 2004 09:57 PM UTC

I am using version 1.6.1.8 but DateTimePickerExt control not DateTimePickerAdv. I tried resetting the value property but it didn''t do anything.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 27, 2004 01:07 AM UTC

Hi Ankur, The DateTimePickerExt control was renamed as DateTimePickerAdv in the v2.0 releases according to the v2.0 naming convention. I have attached a sample_application created using v1.6 which shows how a null value can be assigned to a DateTimePickerExt. Please refer to it and let me know if you need further assistance. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon