We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to group data with GDG

Hi, I query data from database in groups How can I show this data in GDG with following format: (See attached bitmap) QueryResult_5818.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 5, 2005 09:01 AM UTC

There is no support for grouping in a GridDataBoundGrid. If it really is grouped data as in each group is a node in a tree-like display, and when you open a node, you see all the records that share a common value in one of the fields in the record, then you might consider using consider using a GridGroupingControl that does support grouping. You would assign the datatable holding the records to be the datasource of the groupinggrid, and then tell the grouping what field needs to be grouped. If you actually retrieve the grouped data you show in your picture from your database in some kind of accessible datatable, then another option (and probably the simplest option) would be to use a GridControl in virtual mode to display the retrieved data. If you will explain exactly what kind of ADO.NET objects you are working with, then I may be able to offer some more specific recomendations. IE, Do you have a dataset with 2 datatables and a relation between the tables? Or, do you have a single DataTable? Or, something else?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 6, 2005 06:45 AM UTC

If I have a DataSource which is a single DataTable, do you have any recommendations for me to sum data in groups ? >There is no support for grouping in a GridDataBoundGrid. > >If it really is grouped data as in each group is a node in a tree-like display, and when you open a node, you see all the records that share a common value in one of the fields in the record, then you might consider using consider using a GridGroupingControl that does support grouping. You would assign the datatable holding the records to be the datasource of the groupinggrid, and then tell the grouping what field needs to be grouped. > >If you actually retrieve the grouped data you show in your picture from your database in some kind of accessible datatable, then another option (and probably the simplest option) would be to use a GridControl in virtual mode to display the retrieved data. > >If you will explain exactly what kind of ADO.NET objects you are working with, then I may be able to offer some more specific recomendations. IE, Do you have a dataset with 2 datatables and a relation between the tables? Or, do you have a single DataTable? Or, something else?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 6, 2005 08:50 AM UTC

My first suggestion would be to use a GridGroupingControl. It is designed to do this. Here is a little sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_Sum_30b29f49.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon