We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

a bug?

Hi, I have an implementation of IBindingList containing instances of a class implementing IEditableObject. I am binding the list to a GDBG - so far so good. The problem is that when I throw an exception in BeginEdit() of the IEditableObject implementor (apparently the only way to say that the object cannot be edited right now :( ), GDBG swallows the exception and continues with the editing. Is that a bug, or is that the 'approved' correct behavior? Thanx, Lyubomir

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 18, 2003 01:15 PM UTC

It is the way things are currently designed that the grid catches a lot of exceptions. But we will change this in the 2.0 version so that you have control over the exceptions that are thrown. Something like a global exception handler where you can then decide if you want specific exceptions to fall through or let the grid catch and eat the exception. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon