We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Collapsing a TreeNodeAdv with selected child nodes de-selects them?

Hello, Like the subject says, collapsing an unselected parent node de-selectes any selected child nodes AND selects the parent. Is this the intended behavior? Is so, how might one preempt this? I''d rather modify the appearance of the parent node to indicate a hidden selection instead of losing a user''s choices. Thanks! Keith

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 4, 2005 07:18 PM UTC

Hi Keith, While this behavior seems incorrect to me, I can see valid reasons for it being the intended behavior. Because of this I have included it in Defect #291, but I can''t guarantee a fix, since it might be correct behavior. What I can do is suggest you look into using the CheckBoxes (ShowCheckBoxes = true). The CheckBoxes will retain their settings even while the nodes are hidden. Additionally, setting InteractiveCheckBoxes = true will cause parent nodes to update their CheckState based on the CheckState of their children. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the CheckBoxes or the Defect. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon