We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGroupingControl VisibleColumns

Hi, The GridGroupingControl keeps resetting the VisibleColumns property when reopening the parent form. Version currently using is 2.0.5.0

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 2, 2005 08:01 AM UTC

What do you mean by: >>reopening the parent form If you mean creating a new form, then all the controls will be created new as well, and will have the initial state of those controls (including the GridGroupingControl). If you want certain columns visible at this point, you would have to persist the prevoius visible column collection and somehow reset it as you create the GridGoupingControl. If you mean you are just setting form1.Visible = true or calling form1.Show, but not re-creating it, then the existing Visible columns should reflect what was present when you hid the form.

KM Krijn Michiels May 2, 2005 07:54 PM UTC

Samples_5255.zip Steps to reproduce using 2.0.5.0 (!) : 1. open project ''SampleGridGroupingBug'' 2. open Form1 in VS designer 3. navigate in property page to tabledescriptor-visiblecolumns 4. remove id and date column 5. build and run solution All visiblecolumns are removed. The visiblecolumns property is reset to the previous (all columns) state. In version 3.0.1.0 this problem is solved. Second example using 3.0.1.0 (!) : 1. open project ''SampleGridGrouping'' 2. build and run project 3. insert text in first cell (ex. test) 4. click on header cell (employee) The application crashes. I really thought that the controls would be less bugy in the newest version.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 2, 2005 10:48 PM UTC

The second problem is corrected in the latest release, 3.2.1.0. When I try to see the first problem with the, and open the VisibleColumns collection in the designer, I only see the employee column listed. From you description, I was expecting to see other columns.

KM Krijn Michiels May 3, 2005 06:23 AM UTC

Can you see only the employee column when you run the project ?!?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 3, 2005 08:59 AM UTC

I see only the employee column both at design time and at runtime. Here is the SampleGridGroupingBug that I downloaded. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/SampleGridGroupingBug_e6741f43.zip

Loader.
Up arrow icon