We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

LinkLabelCell

Is there a way to display an extra commentary text (not the LinkLabel.Text) when mouse is moved up to the link text? Mechelle

10 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 29, 2005 08:37 PM UTC

You can try specifying the CellTipText property of the style. this.gridControl1[rowIndex, 2].CellTipText = "Some Cell Tip";

ME Mechelle April 29, 2005 09:42 PM UTC

Thanks for the answer. CellTipText works well. But I have a new problem now. In my grid_PrepareViewStyleInfo method, I have following line of code, e.Style.CellType = "LinkLabelCell"; Originally I was planning to set e.Style.Tag here, and found somehow it could not be passed to LinkLabelCell::OnMouseUP. So I set e.Style.Tag in gridModel_QueryCellInfo method. Then I found OnMouseUP event is very hard to trigger. 1 out 10 times the event can be triggered, most of time it doesn''t do anything. So my question where is the proper place to set e.Style.Tag? And for my case the contents of the Tag is related to the individual text of that cell, I won''t know it before grid being shown. Thanks, Mechelle >You can try specifying the CellTipText property of the style. > > this.gridControl1[rowIndex, 2].CellTipText = "Some Cell Tip"; >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 30, 2005 01:23 AM UTC

Try setting the CellType in QueryCellInfo (instead of PrepareViewStyleInfo) to see if that allows the renderer.OnMouseUp to be hit consistently.

ME Mechelle May 2, 2005 05:11 PM UTC

No, It doesn''t work. mechelle

ME Mechelle May 2, 2005 09:03 PM UTC

Is there any other suggestion? Mechelle >No, It doesn''t work. > >mechelle

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 2, 2005 11:07 PM UTC

Here is a sample where I tried to reproduce this problem, but was unable. Can you see the problem in this sample? Are you doing something differently? http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/LinkLabel_2a17b1b1.zip

ME Mechelle May 5, 2005 04:02 PM UTC

I found the problem, but still don''t know how to fix it. In my grid, only double click of the mouse can fire the OnMouseUp event. But single click should work. Do you know how to fix it? Thanks, Mechelle

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 5, 2005 05:22 PM UTC

Can you upload a sample project showing the problem?

KM kmdigliio September 6, 2005 11:17 AM UTC

I am having the same problem as Mechelle. The example you provided is using a gridcontrol. Can you rework the example to use a GridDataBoundGrid? >Here is a sample where I tried to reproduce this problem, but was unable. Can you see the problem in this sample? Are you doing something differently? > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/LinkLabel_2a17b1b1.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 6, 2005 03:13 PM UTC

Here it is. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/LinkLabel_5cf2aa9b.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon