We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Creating on fly excel woorkbook and save it to file

Hi, I need to create an on fly excel workbook and save to a excel file. Could you please point me to some sample? Should i use simple Grid or GDBG objetc for this purpose or can i use GDBG for this purpose? I am really looking forward for help. Thanks

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 29, 2005 07:20 PM UTC

If you want to write an XLS file, then you can use our ExcelRW library. There is no support in our grids for working with excel (other than accepting a OLE drop or clipboard copy from excel).

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 29, 2005 08:38 PM UTC

Thanks clay, You said it. i do want to create XLS file. I am not sure how to do it. Should I create the one grid for each sheet then on flay create the XLS file using those grids. or I can use single grid object and load all the data on one grid then when writing data to XLS file then split the data into multiple sheets. is there any sample ? thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 29, 2005 09:39 PM UTC

You do not have to use any grids. You can use ExcelRW to create workbooks dynamically and put whatever data you want to have directly into them without creating grids. Take a look at the samples that we ship with ExcelRW, \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\ExcelRW.Windows\Samples\Quick Start. For example, there is one entitled CreatingASpreadSheet. You also might visit the ExcelRW forum for information on just creating spreadsheets and populating them with data. If you already have teh data you want to put into a spreadsheet, there is no need to use a grid. You can just create teh spreadsheet.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon