We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DateTimePickerAdv Null Value

I''m having a problem with the dattimepickeradv control. I have the datetimepicker bound to a text box to see the results of the datetimepicker. I get peculair results when I click on the ''none'' button, the bound value shown in the text box shows todays date instead of null. why would this be?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 29, 2005 04:47 PM UTC

Hi Eric, Since DataTime is a value type, it can''t be given a null value. Therefore, DateTimePickerAdv represents a null date with the IsNullDate property. So to have a TextBox display Null if the date is null, you need to do something like this: private void dateTimePickerAdv1_ValueChanged(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { if (this.dateTimePickerAdv1.IsNullDate) { this.textBox1.Text = "Null"; } else { this.textBox1.Text = this.dateTimePickerAdv1.Value.ToLongDateString(); } } Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc. P.S. DateTimePickerAdv is a part of the Editor package of Tools, not Edit.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon