We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sorting in GridDataBoundGrid - again

I know there''s another thread regarding this question, but it doesn''t bring up a solution.. When setting the DataGrid.SortBehavior = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridSortBehavior.SingleClick nothing happens.. in my extremely simple grid.. I expected to see those small arrows in the columnheaders... What I am supposed to do to get something as straightforward as sorting grids to work??

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2005 01:23 PM UTC

Hi Rasmus, Is it possible to upload a sample that shows the problem? Which version do you use? Regards, Thomas

RF Rasmus Fynbo April 28, 2005 01:53 PM UTC

My example couldn''t be more simple.. it''s a simple databoundgrid and the sortingBehavior in the designer is as default set to DoubleClick.. >Which version do you use? 3.0.1.0 > >Regards, >Thomas SortingGridTest_1545.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2005 02:00 PM UTC

Hi Rasmus An ArrayList as datasource does not support sorting, you need to add a DataTable or DataView, because the sorting is made on the DataTable.DefaultView.Sort or DataView.Sort property. Regards, Thomas

EW Eric Weber December 29, 2005 06:59 PM UTC

I''m also using a GDBG, but it is bound to an IBindingList populated with IEditableObjects. What is the easist way to implement sorting? Do you have any examples of how to implement sorting in an IBindingList? thanks!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 2, 2006 02:50 PM UTC

Hi Eric, If your GridDataBoundGrid is bound to some IBindingList collection and you want your GridDataBoundGrid to support sorting , you will have to implement the IBindingList.AllowSorting property and the IBindingList.ApplySort method (in addition to the other interface members). Refer to Sample. Refer this forum for sorting the ArrayList http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/message.aspx?MessageID=38413 Let me know, for futher assistance. Best Regards, Madhan.

IBinding_Sorting.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon