We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Why did you changed the MDI merging?????

You promised us there will be no changes to the assembly code, except licensing stuff, between versions 3.2.0.0 and 3.2.1.0!!! Now, after installing version 3.2.1.0 we painfully experienced that you changed the MDI merging behaviour and an invisble ghost form is automatically created with each MDI child form. This is done by a call to "RegisterMdiChildTypes" in file "BarManager.cs" in "BarManager.OnMdiChildAdded". In older versions this this had been done only with explicit merging. WE DON''T WANT THIS BEHAVIOUR!!!!! ================================= How to get rid of it? Regards Holger Persch

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2005 08:30 PM UTC

Hi Holger, While I believe the claim was that no major changes would be made (we did have a few bugs to fix after all), I''m not aware of this change. I''ve contacted the XPMenus developer regarding this, and I''ll let you know as soon as I hear anything. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

HP Holger Persch April 29, 2005 11:34 AM UTC

Hi Gregory, Something in the code must have been changed because before the installation of version 3.2.1.0 this never happened. Regards, Holger

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 29, 2005 05:39 PM UTC

Hi Holger, The developer has confirmed that there were changes made to MDI merging for v3.2.1. However, I haven''t been given any specific details yet. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 4, 2005 06:14 PM UTC

Hi Holger, I''ve run an MDI merging sample through a memory profiler and discovered that you are correct. Extra dummy forms are being created under certain circumstances. I believe this is related to Defect #276 and have provided my findings to the developer working on that Defect. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

TA Tom Abraham May 4, 2005 07:10 PM UTC

I also experienced problems due to this change after upgrading from 3.0.1.0 to 3.2.1.0.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon