We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Tracking Progress of PDF Generation

We have a system where the user could create a 100 page PDF document, we have a very nice multithreaded application and PDF Generation is currently something we get no status on. I was hoping to see a "ProgressChanged" event on the component, something that gets fired and incremental stages of PDF generation, at a minimum once per page (upon page completion). providing ProgressEventArgs that included: 1) Total pages being created. 2) Page just completed. 3) A Cancel field that can be set to true in order to cancel the PDF generation. Progress notices should not be async to pdf generation, they should by synchronous. This would be in-line with loose architectures (multithreaded, distributed), these naming conventions would be in-line with existing .NET 2.0 identifiers being used by Microsoft, resulting in something more familiar to application developers down the road. If there is something like this currently can someone please point me in the right direction. If not, how can I make an official request of Syncfusion to get this support into Essential PDF? It''s a relatively trivial feature that should only take, at most, 5 minutes to implement and 5 more minutes to test. I''d hate to have to repurchase with source code for this, because we do need it. Thanks in Advance! - Shaun Wilson / Essential PDF Customer - Manager / Infocus Data Systems, Inc.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 11, 2005 01:53 PM UTC

Hi Shaun, Thanks for the detailed feature request. I have created an official feature request with the development team (QA 196). It will be implemented shortly. We really appreciate the feedback, so please let us know if you would like to see any other feature in Essential PDF. Thanks, Stephen. >We have a system where the user could create a 100 page PDF document, we have a very nice multithreaded application and PDF Generation is currently something we get no status on. > >I was hoping to see a "ProgressChanged" event on the component, something that gets fired and incremental stages of PDF generation, at a minimum once per page (upon page completion). providing ProgressEventArgs that included: > >1) Total pages being created. >2) Page just completed. >3) A Cancel field that can be set to true in order to cancel the PDF generation. > >Progress notices should not be async to pdf generation, they should by synchronous. > >This would be in-line with loose architectures (multithreaded, distributed), these naming conventions would be in-line with existing .NET 2.0 identifiers being used by Microsoft, resulting in something more familiar to application developers down the road. > >If there is something like this currently can someone please point me in the right direction. If not, how can I make an official request of Syncfusion to get this support into Essential PDF? It''s a relatively trivial feature that should only take, at most, 5 minutes to implement and 5 more minutes to test. I''d hate to have to repurchase with source code for this, because we do need it. > >Thanks in Advance! > >- Shaun Wilson / Essential PDF Customer >- Manager / Infocus Data Systems, Inc. >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon