We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Pivot Table lost after saving

Hello, I am opening an Excel file (through ExcelRW) which contains data on one sheet, and a Pivot table on the other. After updating the data, I save the file as a new Excel file. When I open the file, the Pivot Table is no longer a dynamic pivot table, but rather, just the contents of what was in the previous table. Please note that this isn''t a problem of the Pivot Table not "refreshing", I understand that the user will have to "Refresh Data", however, they can''t even select that option. There is no longer a Pivot Table "object" on that sheet, there is just some data. Any suggestions? Thanks, Nitin

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 3, 2005 05:44 PM UTC

Hi Nitin, This is a shortcoming of the current version and we are currently working on adding support for preserving pivot tables in template excel files. It would be another 4 weeks before this feature becomes available. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks, Stephen.

ND nirav desai July 11, 2005 06:21 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, Can you please let me know in which version of Syncfusion ExcelRW, Pivot Excel feature will be available? Thanks, Nirav >Hi Nitin, > >This is a shortcoming of the current version and we are currently working on adding support for preserving pivot tables in template excel files. It would be another 4 weeks before this feature becomes available. Sorry for the inconvenience. > >Thanks, > >Stephen.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 13, 2005 08:46 PM UTC

Hi Nirav, The implementation to preserve Pivot tables in template files is almost complete and should be available in a patch release within 2 weeks time. Thanks, Stephen. >Hi Stephen, > >Can you please let me know in which version of Syncfusion ExcelRW, Pivot Excel feature will be available? > >Thanks, >Nirav > >>Hi Nitin, >> >>This is a shortcoming of the current version and we are currently working on adding support for preserving pivot tables in template excel files. It would be another 4 weeks before this feature becomes available. Sorry for the inconvenience. >> >>Thanks, >> >>Stephen.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon