We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

expandable and collapsible diagram node

Hello I want to make a "scope node" for a flow chart application, that will contain some other nodes(a node with some other nodes embedded). I want it to have expansion and collapsing capabilities.I want to know if your component has such capability and if there is some samples or articles in this regard. Thanks

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2005 09:20 PM UTC

Hi Behdad, Yes, it is possible to implement expanding/collapsing style nodes with Essential Diagram. I will post a sample that shows the feature within the next few hours. Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 27, 2005 12:32 AM UTC

Hello! Attached are two versions of the ''Expander'' sample that shows expandible/collapsible nodes in Essential Diagram. If you are running the evaluation version of Essential Studio, or a pre 3.2 release of Essential Diagram, please use the ''Expander_EvalVersion'' sample. Sample Highlights: 1. The Expander sample implements a custom ''ExpanderSymbol'' symbol class that extends the Essential Diagram Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Symbol base type, and allows a symbol to host child nodes. 2. The child symbols or sub-nodes are shown/hidden by double-clicking the parent node. The expanded/collapsed state of the symbol is indicated using +/- entities drawn by the ExpanderSymbol. 3. The sample uses employee information sourced from an XML format Access database file to create an organization chart diagram. 4. A Diagram LayoutManager is used for laying out the diagram nodes. Thanks, Prakash Syncfusion Inc., Expander_5678.zip Expander_EvalVersion_6468.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon