We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Dragging column

When dragging a column or when using DragHelper programaticaly. The icon (black ‘I’) appear on top of everything, it will be drawned on top of a window (ex: task manager). Is there a way to fix this ? I’ve attached a zip file containing a picture that shows an example. syncfusion_grid_drag_bug_8032.zip

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 26, 2005 01:26 AM UTC

Do you see this in our default moving columns support, or only where you have tried to add some custom drag and drop support? If you see it in our standard support, and can tell us how to see it in one of our samples, or if you can upload a sample showing the probelm we can try to debug it. If you see this problem in your customized code, then would have to debug into your code and see why this is happening. If you are using OLE D&D, then are you turning off showing this bitmap when you are getting a NODROP feedback (ie, over a window that does not accept this drop)?

SS Stephane SansCartier April 26, 2005 01:21 PM UTC

I see this in the default GridControl with nothing added. I attached an example. Open the program and put the Task Manager (or any other window that stay on top) and put it on top of half (verticaly) of the column header and drag a column. I''m using Runtime Version: v1.0.3705 Version: 3.0.1.0 .NET Framework: 1.1 OS: Windows XP DragIcon_5210.zip

SS Stephane SansCartier April 28, 2005 07:08 PM UTC

Don’t want to push but is this issue being looked at?

SS Stephane SansCartier May 13, 2005 05:05 PM UTC

Any new development on this issue?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 16, 2005 02:43 PM UTC

Stephane, the technique we use for showing these temporary markers is to show a top-level window with transparency effect. Whenever you create such a new top-level window it will always be placed in the z-order before existing top-level windows. That''s why you see the marker window be drawn over existing top-level window (e.g. TaskManager) I don''t think there is much you can do to avoid this using a top-level window approach like we use in all our MouseControllers. However, one option to avoid this would be to replace the existing MouseController for dragging columns with an alternate MouseController in which you handle outlining the target column differently, e.g. instead of showing a marker you could redraw the target column header in a different color. If that is something you would be interested in doing I can create a sample how to replace the MouseController with your own version. You could then modify the alternate MouseController code and implement your own highlighting technique. Stefan

SS Stephane SansCartier May 17, 2005 02:39 PM UTC

Thank for the response. I will stay with the current column dragging effect.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon