We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

All nodes are redrawn when the InsertNodesCmd is executed

I have a custom symbol that inherits from image symbol. I override draw in order to do my own drawing. What I''ve noticed is that my draw method is called every time I call the InsertNodesCmd. This makes sense most of the time, but I am creating a diagram programmatically and would like to disable drawing until all nodes are added. I tried suspendLayout on the diagram, but that doesn''t change anything. Is there any way to stop the drawing until I decide to re-enable it? Thanks, -Jeff Fansler

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 25, 2005 04:05 PM UTC

Hi Jeff, If you are running the 3.2 RC version of Essential Diagram, then you can use the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Model.BeginUpdate()/EndUpdate(bool) methods to temporarily suspend diagram redraw. Please refer to the class reference documentation on these methods for additional information. Thanks, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

JF Jeff Fansler May 18, 2005 08:51 PM UTC

I upgraded to version 3.2 to resolve this issue and beginupdate/endupdate don''t seem to be working for me. The draw method is still being called on all my custom symbols. Any ideas? >Hi Jeff, > >If you are running the 3.2 RC version of Essential Diagram, then you can use the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Model.BeginUpdate()/EndUpdate(bool) methods to temporarily suspend diagram redraw. Please refer to the class reference documentation on these methods for additional information. > >Thanks, >Prakash Surendra >Syncfusion Inc.,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 18, 2005 11:58 PM UTC

Jeff, Model.BeingUpdate() and Model.EndUpdate(true) are working for me using v3.2.1 I tested it using my own custom symbol.

JF Jeff Fansler May 23, 2005 02:15 PM UTC

This was my fault. I was calling BeginUpdate/EndUpdate off of the diagram, not the model. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. -Jeff >Jeff, > >Model.BeingUpdate() and Model.EndUpdate(true) are working for me using v3.2.1 > >I tested it using my own custom symbol.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon