We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Performance Issues

Hello, I have a Windows form, which hosts several gdbg(s). Two of them bigger than others, about 40 records each. I have two major performance problems - upon scrolling down with a scroll bar - the delay is about 2.5-3 seconds. But the major one is when the form is loading. The Form has a tab and problems is getting worse every time I switch back to the tab the has those two gdbg. I managed to track down which method exectly causes the slowdown and it appears to be the EndUpdate. The problem is so noticeable - it takes only 50 ticks for this method to return for the first time and over 2000 ticks for the second, and 4500 for the third!.. What is exactly happening there? Why does it get so slow? Is there any way to step into this method? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks, Igor

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 22, 2005 05:19 PM UTC

Do you see any exceptions being thrown in your output window? If you have our source code, you can use the AssemblyManager (found on the Start menu) to build a debug version of our libraries. Then you should be able to step into any of our code.

IK Igor Kashtelyan April 22, 2005 05:28 PM UTC

Thanks Clay, There are no more exceptions (I remember your past message on them) - I found a few and dealt with them. Yes, I do have a source code. I will try to use the Assembly Manager to figure out what is going on. As I had mentioned, I have inheritted this implementation and there are no docs/comments.... Do you have any ideas why is EndUpdate is causing the slow down?... Do I need this method at all when I just load my grids? Thanks, Igor

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 22, 2005 05:58 PM UTC

If you do not call grid.BeginUpdate, you will not need grid.EndUpdate. But if you have one, you need the the other. You could try removing both to see how that works.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon