We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Drag & Drop new column

When you drag and drop column in the grid, there is an icon in the form of a black ‘I’ that appear to tell you where you can drop the dragged column. In my application, I have a tree view where the user can drag and drop node from the tree view into the grid to insert column dynamically. What I want is to have the black ‘I’ icon to appear to tell the user where he can insert the new column he wants to create. Is there a way to do this?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2005 07:18 PM UTC

There are no property setting to do this. you would have to write code. Here is a link to a sample that shows how you can do this with respect to dragging columns by just mousing down and moving a column immediately instead of clicking it first to select it, and then mousing down and dragging it. It has the code showing how to get the drop feedback. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/forum_DragColumn_502d7d6c.zip You would have to modify this to fit into your OLE D&D drop from the treeview.

SS Stephane SansCartier April 20, 2005 08:04 PM UTC

It''s working perfectly, thank !

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon