We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Changing the floating state

Am I supposed to track the state of a control when I want to alter its floating state? Example: if I want to switch from MDIChild to FloatNotDockable, calling SetFloatOnly(control,true) should do it, but it doesn't. Am I missing something here?

1 Reply

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team February 14, 2003 06:06 PM UTC

Looks like the DockingManager.SetFloatOnly(Control, bool) method works as intended only when the Control is a true docking window, and not an MDI child. I will go ahead and file a report and we will fix the problem for a future release of Essential Tools. In the meantime, you can workaround this condition by first setting the control as a docking window through the DockingManager.SetAsMDIChild(Control, false) method and then calling the SetFloatOnly() method. The following code should give you an idea, if(this.dwCurrent.Parent is Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockingWrapperForm) { // The docking window is set as an MDI child this.dockingManager1.SetAsMDIChild(this.dwCurrent, false); this.dockingManager1.SetFloatOnly(this.dwCurrent, true); } else { this.dockingManager1.SetFloatOnly(this.dwCurrent, true); } Prakash Syncfusion

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon