We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridRecordRow in a nested table

Hi, i would like to get a reference to a Gridrecord the user clicked. I got it working when I click a Cell in the parent table. Unfortunately it doesn''t when a cell in a nested table gets clicked. How would i change the following code so that i can get a reference to the corresponding child record: GridCurrentCell cc = e.TableControl.CurrentCell; GridTableCellStyleInfoIdentity tableCellInfo = e.TableControl.CurrentCell.Renderer.StyleInfo.CellIdentity as GridTableCellStyleInfoIdentity; GridTableCellStyleInfo style = e.TableControl.Model[cc.RowIndex, cc.ColIndex]; GridRecordRow r = style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement as GridRecordRow; string s = string.Format("val:{0} row:{1} col:{2}", r.ParentRecord.GetValue(style.TableCellIdentity.Column.MappingName), cc.RowIndex, cc.ColIndex); this.m_ContextMenu.MenuItems.Clear(); this.m_ContextMenu.MenuItems.Add(s); if (GetTableCellStyle(e.TableControl) == GridTableCellType.RecordFieldCell || GetTableCellStyle(e.TableControl) == GridTableCellType.AlternateRecordFieldCell) { GridColumnDescriptor column = GetColumnDescriptor(e.TableControl); if (Convert.ToInt16(r.ParentRecord.GetValue(Constants.DataBase.col_ETVTmanuell)) == 1) { this.m_ContextMenu.MenuItems.Add(ml.ml_string(195, "Reset Row"), new EventHandler(Context_ResetRow_Click)); if (column.Name == Constants.DataBase.col_ETVT_Custom) this.m_ContextMenu.MenuItems.Add(ml.ml_string(196, "Reset Single"), new EventHandler(Context_ResetSingle_Click)); } }

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2005 02:02 PM UTC

This code works for me.
private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCellClick(object sender, GridTableControlCellClickEventArgs e)
{
	GridTableCellStyleInfo style = e.TableControl.Model[e.Inner.RowIndex, e.Inner.ColIndex];
	GridRecordRow r = style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement as GridRecordRow;
	string s = string.Format("val:{0} row:{1} col:{2}", r.ParentRecord.GetValue(style.TableCellIdentity.Column.MappingName), e.Inner.RowIndex, e.Inner.ColIndex);
	Console.WriteLine(s);
}

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 21, 2005 10:14 AM UTC

Please see the attached sample. When I right-click a nested cell there i would like to display the content of Col0 of the same row in the popup. But something goes wrong with the indexes and i''m not sure wether this is the way to go. Thanks for your help GGC_BookMark_9669.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 21, 2005 10:55 AM UTC

Try using this code in TableControlCellClick. It seems to work in your sample for me.
private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCellClick(object sender, GridTableControlCellClickEventArgs e)
{
	if( e.Inner.MouseEventArgs.Button == MouseButtons.Right )
	{
		GridTableCellStyleInfo style = e.TableControl.Model[e.Inner.RowIndex, e.Inner.ColIndex];
		GridRecordRow r = style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement as GridRecordRow;
		if(r.ParentRecord != null)
		{
			barItem1.Text = "val:" + r.ParentRecord.GetValue(style.TableCellIdentity.Column.MappingName).ToString() + "   col:" + e.Inner.ColIndex.ToString() + ", row:" + e.Inner.RowIndex.ToString();

popupMenu1.Show(gridGroupingControl1, new Point(e.Inner.MouseEventArgs.X, e.Inner.MouseEventArgs.Y));
		}
	}
}

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 27, 2005 04:15 PM UTC

I need to do it outside of an event. I would like to set a cell of the selected child row to a specific value. If you refer to the sample i sent you i would need to set that value inside of the menu_click function. Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 28, 2005 09:46 PM UTC

Hi Oliver, here is a modified click function that toggles the value of the current record for both nested and parent table: private void button3_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { Element el = this.gridGroupingControl1.Table.CurrentElement; while (el is NestedTable) el = ((NestedTable) el).ChildTable.ParentTable.CurrentElement; if(el != null) { Record r = el as Record; if (r == null) r = el.ParentRecord; if (r != null) { bool b = r.GetValue("boolCol") == DBNull.Value ? true : !(bool)r.GetValue("boolCol"); if(!r.IsEditing) r.BeginEdit(); r.SetValue("boolCol", b); r.EndEdit(); } } } Stefan >I need to do it outside of an event. I would like to set a cell of the selected child row to a specific value. If you refer to the sample i sent you i would need to set that value inside of the menu_click function. > >Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 29, 2005 08:20 AM UTC

perfect - works ! thank you

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon