We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Problem with Covered cells in Virtual Grid

Sorry to repost this so soon, but I''m under a tight deadline and I could really use some help on this. I have a virtual grid. I have some covered cells. For example, let''''s say I have 2 rows of Column Headers. I have a covered range in the second column that covers the cells in the 1st and 2nd row of that column. I want to put text in only in the second row of that covered range, but I get QueryCellInfo for row 1, col 1, but not row 2, col 1. So how do I set a value in row 2, col 1? Thanks. Pete

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 19, 2005 10:03 PM UTC

A covered cell''s style is determined by the top-left cell in the range no matter whether the covered cell is 2 cells or 50 cells. The style of the whole range is determined by the style of the top-left cell. So, in your setup, you should set the text you want to see when QueryCellInfo passes in the top-left cell. You can set the e.Style.VerticalAlignment to Bottom to have that text displayed at the bottom of the covered cell.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 20, 2005 12:26 PM UTC

Thanks Clay. I had already tried that and it didn''t work, but you saying to do that way made me look into it a bit more until I realized the reason the VerticalAlignment wasn''t working was because the cell was one of our custom text cell types that completely ignored the VerticalAlignment property. Anyway, I added that and it works like a charm. Thanks again.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon