We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ExcelRW cannot open a protected excel workbook.

Hi, The method ExcelUtils.Open(filename) generate an exception when the workbook is protected. The exception message is: {"\rParameter name: length\rActual value was 3." } You''ll find attached an example of a protected workbook.(kina is the password to unprotect the workbook and the worksheets) I use the Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Base dll version 3.0.1.0 Regards, Kina protected_Book_1869.zip

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 19, 2005 06:28 PM UTC

Hi Kina, Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion ExcelRW. Currently it is not possible to open spreadsheets which are password protected. The problem is that when excel files are protected their contents are encrypted and the encryption algorithm is not available. One alternative could be that you could use Macros to protect workbooks, end users need the password to view the files but ExcelRW would still be able to open files protected using Macros. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Stephen. >Hi, >The method ExcelUtils.Open(filename) generate an exception when the workbook is protected. The exception message is: {"\rParameter name: length\rActual value was 3." } >You''ll find attached an example of a protected workbook.(kina is the password to unprotect the workbook and the worksheets) >I use the Syncfusion.ExcelRW.Base dll version 3.0.1.0 > >Regards, > >Kina > >protected_Book_1869.zip > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon