We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using File.IO not rendering

My current App is creating an HTML string dynamically and then creating a text file to write the string to. If I do all of these steps while the app is running HTMLUI fails to render the page. But If I run the app, take the created HTML page out and put it into another application that uses HTMLUI the HTMLUI.Load() renders the page fine. I''m not sure if its because of the File.IO is creating the text file and then immediately calling it that HTMLUI.Load() fails to render inside the first app, because it can render the very same HTML document if I call it from another application. And to make matters more bizarre if I have an image or an Href in the HTML it will render fine with no problems the first time.

3 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 18, 2005 06:35 PM UTC

Hi Ben, We regret for the inconvenience caused. Could you please try handling the LoadError event of the HTMLUI control. This event will be raised when the Load fails and that will provide additional information about the reason for the failure. Thanks, Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 18, 2005 06:46 PM UTC

I just found out what was causing the rendering problem. In the forms "PreRender" event I''ve declared a custom control. Sometimes the HTMLUI should display this custom control and sometimes is shouldn''t depending on if the HTML code contains any links. It appears I must include this custom control in the HTML code even if I don''t want to use it, otherwise the HTMLUI fails to render the page. Bit of a hassle but nothing too serious, do you think there might be a fix for this anytime in the near future?

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 18, 2005 07:13 PM UTC

Hi Ben, Thanks for the information. We will surely fix this issue at the earliest. I will try to reproduce this problem and send it to our development team. Thanks, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon