We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sort in Databound Grid

Good Morning, 1) The GridDataBoundGrid in a version of my app 3.0.1.6 is not sorting when clicking on the column header. When a column is clicked the cursor changes briefly to a down arrow but the grid does not sort. This was working in the last version of 2.0 that I used. I''ve tried resetting the AllowSort property from code to no avail. 2) Multicomun sorting: From the knowledgebase I see there is an object referred to called GridMultiColSortHelper that can be used to ''wire'' the grid for multi-column sorting. A search through help and the object browser does not find this object. Please could point me to it? Thank you, Kenton

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 15, 2005 02:50 PM UTC

1)Check the setting for your grid.SortBehavior property. 2) At the bottom of the KB, there is a attachment link where you should be able to download the sorthelper. Here is the KB link. http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=110&catId=11

KH Kenton Hensley April 15, 2005 07:54 PM UTC

It is the SortBehavior propery set in the designer is set to SingleClick and I''ve tried setting it in code after the all designer initialization. Me.grdTransactionHistory.SortBehavior = GridSortBehavior.SingleClick

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 15, 2005 11:32 PM UTC

Is this still not working for you? The grid trys to initiate the sorting in OnCellClick? Are you handling the CellClick event? If you can upload a sample project showing th eproblem, we can debug it here to see why it is not sorting.

KH Kenton Hensley April 19, 2005 03:55 PM UTC

Hi Clay, No, it is still not working. As mentioned (somewhat incoherently), the SortBehavior property is correctly set. The problem with sending you the App. is that it references a seveal databases using linked servers and the data set is not small. So getting you the actaul app. would involve some effort cutting it down. I''ll see if I can reproduce it in a sample and send that on. Thank-you for your help, --Kenton

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon