We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Please help me

Hi, I am new to c# and syncfusion. I have been assigned with my first assignment. I know you guys can help me about one thing. I have two griddataboundcontrol. We can say one of left side which will display all available record and other of right side which will have only selected records. To move the records from Left-Right or vise versa I have four buttons between two controls. User selects one or more rows to move record and click the buttons. Please find the attached file to what exactly I am looking for. I am using griddataboundcontrol because I have multiple columns in both side. In sample file you see only column. Please help me with a small sample. Please don’t let me down. Thanks example_6699.zip

4 Replies

AN Anu April 14, 2005 04:48 PM UTC

I really need help. i am looking forwar. >Hi, > >I am new to c# and syncfusion. I have been assigned with my first assignment. I know you guys can help me about one thing. > >I have two griddataboundcontrol. We can say one of left side which will display all available record and other of right side which will have only selected records. To move the records from Left-Right or vise versa I have four buttons between two controls. >User selects one or more rows to move record and click the buttons. > >Please find the attached file to what exactly I am looking for. I am using griddataboundcontrol because I have multiple columns in both side. In sample file you see only column. > >Please help me with a small sample. Please don’t let me down. > >Thanks > > >example_6699.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2005 05:27 PM UTC

This is a public forum. If you really need help in a specified time frame then you need to submit a Direct Trac support incident. Direct Trac is Syncfusion''s main support venue. A GridDataBoundGrid is a databound grid, and will only display the records that are in the DataSourcde specified for the grid. So moving records from one grid to another is not the kind of thing you normally do with a databound grid. If the table on the right is a details table (part of pair of a master-details grids), then normally you have a data relation between the 2 tables. In this case, it is simple to have the details grid change as you click rows in the master grid. This is diuscussed in the grid''s User Guide. But to just move records from the left grid to the right grid where the two grid''s are not related is more work. You will have to create 2 datatables with the same column schema. Then you would remove a record from one DataTable and add it to the other DataTable. This has nothing to do with the GridDataBoundGrids. You are just manipulating the DataTables. And the grid''s will automatically reflect the changed you make to their underlying DataSources.

AN Anu April 14, 2005 06:00 PM UTC

Thanks clay, Trust me It helped me a lot. I got the idea and i will try to implement it. thanks >This is a public forum. If you really need help in a specified time frame then you need to submit a Direct Trac support incident. Direct Trac is Syncfusion''s main support venue. > >A GridDataBoundGrid is a databound grid, and will only display the records that are in the DataSourcde specified for the grid. So moving records from one grid to another is not the kind of thing you normally do with a databound grid. > >If the table on the right is a details table (part of pair of a master-details grids), then normally you have a data relation between the 2 tables. In this case, it is simple to have the details grid change as you click rows in the master grid. This is diuscussed in the grid''s User Guide. > >But to just move records from the left grid to the right grid where the two grid''s are not related is more work. You will have to create 2 datatables with the same column schema. Then you would remove a record from one DataTable and add it to the other DataTable. This has nothing to do with the GridDataBoundGrids. You are just manipulating the DataTables. And the grid''s will automatically reflect the changed you make to their underlying DataSources.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 28, 2006 12:16 PM UTC

>This is a public forum. If you really need help in a specified time frame then you need to submit a Direct Trac support incident. Direct Trac is Syncfusion's main support venue.
>
>A GridDataBoundGrid is a databound grid, and will only display the records that are in the DataSourcde specified for the grid. So moving records from one grid to another is not the kind of thing you normally do with a databound grid.
>
>If the table on the right is a details table (part of pair of a master-details grids), then normally you have a data relation between the 2 tables. In this case, it is simple to have the details grid change as you click rows in the master grid. This is diuscussed in the grid's User Guide.
>
>But to just move records from the left grid to the right grid where the two grid's are not related is more work. You will have to create 2 datatables with the same column schema. Then you would remove a record from one DataTable and add it to the other DataTable. This has nothing to do with the GridDataBoundGrids. You are just manipulating the DataTables. And the grid's will automatically reflect the changed you make to their underlying DataSources.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon