We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GroupingGrid : Getting nested tables from an ArrayList of ArrayList

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

27582 Apr 14,2005 12:00 PM Apr 15,2005 06:05 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: GridControl
Roberto Obispo
Asked On April 14, 2005 12:00 PM

Hi, I would like to know how to get a nested table without using DataSets. For example, setting as DataSource an ArrayList of ArrayList... Would it be possible?

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 14, 2005 01:17 PM

Yes. You can do this. Here is a little sample. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_ArrayLists.zip

Roberto Obispo
Replied On April 15, 2005 05:39 AM

Thank you very much! The sample works fine in C#, but I''ve tried to use the same method with my VB.NET project, and It keeps throwing me this exception: Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Syncfusion.Grouping.RelationDescriptorCollection.EnsureInitialized(Boolean populate) at Syncfusion.Grouping.RelationDescriptorCollection.get_Version() at Syncfusion.Grouping.FieldDescriptorCollection.EnsureInitialized(Boolean populate) at Syncfusion.Grouping.FieldDescriptorCollection.get_Version() ....... (the original text is very much larger, as you could imagine) It ocurrs after setting the grid''s DataSource. Where could be the problem? Thanks a lot

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 15, 2005 06:05 AM

Here is a VB version. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_ArrayLists_VB_c4081367.zip Depending upon the order of initializing things, the groupinggrid may not have set certain variables. You can force them to be set just by accessing a count or something that triggers the initialzation like: Dim i as integer = me.grd.TableDescriptor.Columns.Count This may be the problem you are seeing.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;