We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sorting GridListControl

Is there any built-in mechanism to allow sorting of a DataSourced GridListControl when the user clicks on a column header? Or should I use another type of grid? I''d like to obtain the same behaviour than Windows Explorer in list mode, first click to sort a column, then next clicks to toggle ascending/descending.

6 Replies

MC Martin Cyr April 14, 2005 01:56 PM UTC

I''ll be trying this one... /crossfingers http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=21917

MC Martin Cyr April 14, 2005 01:59 PM UTC

Don''t have the Syncfusion.Tools package... back to searching this forum...

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2005 02:48 PM UTC

You do not need tools for that sample. You can just remove the reference. The ComboBoxBase is in Shared. You also do not need to used teh ComboBoxBase. You can just use teh GridListControl directly on the form instead of as a dropdown.

MC Martin Cyr April 14, 2005 03:16 PM UTC

I can''t get it to work from the form directly. I fixed things so it shows on the form, but it seems the dropdown event from the combo is of some importance. I now have the arrow in the column, but it won''t repond to a click on the header. >You do not need tools for that sample. You can just remove the reference. The ComboBoxBase is in Shared. > >You also do not need to used teh ComboBoxBase. You can just use teh GridListControl directly on the form instead of as a dropdown.

MC Martin Cyr April 14, 2005 03:48 PM UTC

To be precise, it''s this line in utils.cs i''m having trouble with : cb.DropDownCloseOnClick += new Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.MouseClickCancelEventHandler(sortgridlist.utils.DropDownCloseOnClick); I don''t understand what event/handlers/object I should replace the combo with. I don''t even understand why it''s the combo who has his event registered. >I can''t get it to work from the form directly. I fixed things so it shows on the form, but it seems the dropdown event from the combo is of some importance. I now have the arrow in the column, but it won''t repond to a click on the header. > >>You do not need tools for that sample. You can just remove the reference. The ComboBoxBase is in Shared. >> >>You also do not need to used teh ComboBoxBase. You can just use teh GridListControl directly on the form instead of as a dropdown.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2005 04:35 PM UTC

I did not have a problem with that line running the sample using the 2.1.0.9 version that it was originally done with. Did you try commenting it out?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon