We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

CurrentCell and SplitBars

I''ve have a couple of GDBG''s hosted in GridRecordNavigationControls. I have SplitBars set to SplitColumns. What is the best way to ensure that the CurrentCell of the grid always refers to the currently active cell? I''ve noticed that when I click in a cell on the right side of the SplitBar, grid.CurrentCell still returns information pertaining to to the current cell on the left side of the SplitBar. I don''t want the left side of the display to change, I just basically want one "CurrentCell".

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2005 11:14 AM UTC

Going through the active pane should always give you the proper current cell. GridDataBoundGrid grid = this.gridRecordNavigationControl1.ActivePane as GridDataBoundGrid; Console.WriteLine(grid.CurrentCell.RowIndex.ToString() + " " + grid.CurrentCell.ColIndex.ToString()); Now if you are trying to access the currentcell as it is being moved, that might be a problem. Is that what you are doing?

LS Lori S. Pearsall April 14, 2005 05:49 PM UTC

I''m in a situation where I split the grid, click in any cell on the right side and then "unsplit" the grid. At that point, what used to be the current cell on the left side of the grid is still drawn with a dotted outline and my entire program freezes up - no error shown. I know that the PaneClosing event finishes because I''ve placed WriteLine''s in it. But, I have no other clues.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2005 06:00 PM UTC

The program freezing when you remove a pane is a bug. Have you tried this in version 3.2? I think the problem has been addressed in that version.

LS Lori S. Pearsall April 14, 2005 06:13 PM UTC

I''m currently using Version 2.1.0.9. I have a final delivery within a week and can''t absorb the time needed to regression test a new version. Are there any workarounds that I can implement? Thanks!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2005 07:23 PM UTC

Try handling PaneClosing and nulling out the recNav.ActiveControl there.
private void gridRecordNavigationControl1_PaneClosing(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.SplitterPaneEventArgs e)
{
	this.gridRecordNavigationControl1.ActiveControl = null;
}

LS Lori S. Pearsall April 15, 2005 02:36 AM UTC

That worked perfectly - thanks!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon