We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Opacity in floating windows

Is it possible to set the opacity of a floating window? I see the DockingWrapperForm, but I''m not sure if that is what''s being used for the floating windows (the docs dont say anything about what it''s use is)...or if it is, how to get a reference to it? Thanks Dave

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2005 07:00 PM UTC

Hi Dave, The FloatingForm is used for floating docked windows. You can change the opacity of the floating windows in the DockStateChanged event handler. Here is a code snippet private void dockingManager1_DockStateChanged(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockStateChangeEventArgs arg) { if (this.dockingManager1.IsFloating(this.panel1)) { DockHost dhost = this.panel1.Parent as Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost; FloatingForm frmfloat = dhost.ParentForm as FloatingForm; frmfloat.Opacity = 0.2; } } Thanks, Stephen. >Is it possible to set the opacity of a floating window? I see the DockingWrapperForm, but I''m not sure if that is what''s being used for the floating windows (the docs dont say anything about what it''s use is)...or if it is, how to get a reference to it? > >Thanks > >Dave

DT Dave Taylor April 15, 2005 10:16 PM UTC

PERFECT! Thanks Stephen >Hi Dave, > >The FloatingForm is used for floating docked windows. You can change the opacity of the floating windows in the DockStateChanged event handler. Here is a code snippet > > private void dockingManager1_DockStateChanged(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockStateChangeEventArgs arg) > { > if (this.dockingManager1.IsFloating(this.panel1)) > { > DockHost dhost = this.panel1.Parent as Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.DockHost; > FloatingForm frmfloat = dhost.ParentForm as FloatingForm; > frmfloat.Opacity = 0.2; > } > } > >Thanks, > >Stephen. > >>Is it possible to set the opacity of a floating window? I see the DockingWrapperForm, but I''m not sure if that is what''s being used for the floating windows (the docs dont say anything about what it''s use is)...or if it is, how to get a reference to it? >> >>Thanks >> >>Dave

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon