We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Group Expansion

Currently, if a group''s IsExpanded property is set to true, that group is expanded by one level. If records are grouped by one column, the detail records show. If records are grouped by 2 or more columns, the group is still expanded 1 level, but you only see the next grouping''s summary row. Is there a way to completely expand a group to show the detail records of that individual group, regardless of the number of (child) groups contained in a group? The ExpandAllGroups function of a group completely expands everything in the grid down to detail records, which is more than I need. Thanks.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2005 02:50 AM UTC

>>show the detail records of that individual group I am not sure I understand. If g is that individual group, calling g.ExpandAllGroups will expand all groups under that group to display all the records under that group. You said this was not what you wanted, but how do you want to see all the records under this individual group without expanding all the groups between the first group and the records? For example, if I add a GroupExpanded event handler as below, clicking on any group will expand all inner groups under it.
private void gridGroupingControl1_GroupExpanded(object sender, GroupEventArgs e)
{
	e.Group.ExpandAllGroups();
}

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon