We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Drop down error

Has anyone experienced this before? In my datagrid I''ve got one drop down that filters another drop down. When I press a character when my second drop down has focus I receive the following exception. Just curious if this looks fimiliar. This worked fine before upgrading to 3.0.1.0, but I have made other change on this form, but I don''t think relating to the drop downs though. I''ve put break points in all datagrid events, but I can''t find where it''s failing. Thanks, Todd ex.Message = Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.\rParameter name: ''140'' is not a valid value for ''index''. ex.StackTrace = " at System.Windows.Forms.ObjectCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)\r at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxCellRenderer.SynchronizeDisplayText(Int32 index)\r at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxCellRenderer.OnKeyPress(KeyPressEventArgs e)\r at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellRendererBase.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)\r at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridCellRendererBase.RaiseProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)\r

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2005 01:08 AM UTC

Are you using the technique in the article? http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=567 It makes sure the slave column''s GridBoundColumn.StyleInfo.DataSource/ValueMember/DisplayMember was set so the DataSource contains all possible entries for any potential value in the column. This is necessary if you are setting DropDownStyle = GridDropDownStyle.Exclusive.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 13, 2005 04:30 PM UTC

Yes, I''m changing the datasource within the slave just like in this article. The only thing that is different is that I''m using the editor to create my GridBoundColumns. If I set DropDownStyle = GridDropDownStyle.Exclusive then I do not have an error, but the requirement is for this to be editable. (editable in production) BTW, I''m running version 3.0.1.1 and not 3.0.1.0 like a originally said if it matters. This is a rather large problem that is now in production, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 14, 2005 03:07 PM UTC

I need more help so I have created a direct-trac issue. Therefore, no need to reply to this post. Thanks,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon