We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Syncfusion.Core

Ver 3.2 - Ver 3.0 In the " Important Redistribution Information " You write that we should distribute the assembly SYNCFUSION.CORE. (We do not reference this in our Projects ). It means distribution to our customers? PLEASE CONFIRM IF THIS IS TRUE ? 1. For the owners of Essential Suite Source there is not the source code for this assembly . Till now only the Designers Code was not in Source and this was understandable . 2. I examined the Syncfusion.Core code with ANAKRINO. I saw that it uses REMOTING type references and code like this public ClientSinkCreationData(SinkProviderData configurationData, IChannelSender channel, string url, object remoteChannelData) : base(configurationData) { this.Channel = channel; this.Url = url; this.RemoteChannelData = remoteChannelData; } Also it calls extern static functions , from your _sfSweeper.dll (unmanaged code). I HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH SPECIFIC CUSTOMERS TO DISTRIBUTE CODE WITH REFERENCES TO SYSTEM.RUNTIME.REMOTING. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH YOUR LICENSING, BUT PLEASE DO NOT FORCE ME TO DEPLOY ASSEMBLIES WHICH I DO NOT CONTROL AND THEY CREATE ME SECURITY PROBLEMS. I hope to make mistake. Regards QUESTION From Ver.3.0 I HAVE READ that I MUST DEPLOY the ===Syncfusion.Core which I can not find the Source Code in Your Distribution. ===== PLEASE CONFIRM IF THIS IS TRUE. I hope to make mistake. I knew (when I bought the Suite) that only the Designers - code was not in Source . This was understandable and I did not care because I had not reason to send to my customers such assembly. Now with the assembly Syncfusion.Core the things are changed ( For me is very serious ). QUESTION 2 As I examined the Syncfusion.Core code with ANAKRINO I saw that it uses REMOTING and calls a URL. Also it calls extern static functions , probably from _sfSweeper.dll. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH YOUR LICENSING BUT DO NOT FORCE ME TO DEPLOY TO MY CLIENTS THE

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 12, 2005 06:14 PM UTC

Hi Stefan, we actually do ship source code for all our designers. That was only in 1.x version that designers were not available in source code. Regarding Syncfusion.Core: This is the assembly that contains our licensing code which we need to keep proprietary. In ealier versions Syncfusion.Core was embedded into Syncfusion.Shared as embedded resource and loaded using Assembly.Load from a memory stream. That''s why you didn''t notice it before. But now that we have products that do not rely on Shared (e.g. Calculate does not have any dependencies on Shared) we decided to make it a separate assembly. You will have to deploy Syncfusion.Core. Syncfusion.Core does not use any remoting. Based on customer feedback with the 3.2 beta we again decided to make this assembly easier. In 3.2 beta the assembly called into unmanaged C++ code (I guess that''s why remoting was referenced in the assembly for marshalling) but we are now changing this approach for the final 3.2 release such that Syncfusion.Core will be pure managed code. Thanks, Stefan >Ver 3.2 - Ver 3.0 > > >In the " Important Redistribution Information " >You write that we should distribute >the assembly SYNCFUSION.CORE. >(We do not reference this in our Projects ). >It means distribution to our customers? >PLEASE CONFIRM IF THIS IS TRUE ? > >1. For the owners of Essential Suite >Source there is not the source code >for this assembly . >Till now only the Designers Code >was not in Source and this was understandable . > >2. >I examined the Syncfusion.Core code with ANAKRINO. >I saw that it uses REMOTING type references and code like this > >public ClientSinkCreationData(SinkProviderData configurationData, IChannelSender channel, string url, object remoteChannelData) : base(configurationData) { > this.Channel = channel; > this.Url = url; > this.RemoteChannelData = remoteChannelData; >} >Also it calls extern static functions , from your _sfSweeper.dll >(unmanaged code). > >I HAVE SERIOUS PROBLEM WITH SPECIFIC >CUSTOMERS TO DISTRIBUTE CODE WITH >REFERENCES TO SYSTEM.RUNTIME.REMOTING. > >DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH YOUR LICENSING, BUT PLEASE DO NOT FORCE ME >TO DEPLOY ASSEMBLIES WHICH I DO NOT CONTROL AND THEY CREATE ME SECURITY PROBLEMS. > >I hope to make mistake. > >Regards > > > > > > > > > > >QUESTION >From Ver.3.0 I HAVE READ that I MUST DEPLOY the ===Syncfusion.Core which I can not find the Source Code in Your Distribution. ===== >PLEASE CONFIRM IF THIS IS TRUE. >I hope to make mistake. > >I knew (when I bought the Suite) that only the Designers - code was not in Source . >This was understandable and I did not care because I had not reason to send to my customers such assembly. >Now with the assembly Syncfusion.Core >the things are changed ( For me is very serious ). > >QUESTION 2 > >As I examined the Syncfusion.Core code with >ANAKRINO I saw that it uses REMOTING and calls >a URL. Also it calls extern static functions , probably from _sfSweeper.dll. > >DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH YOUR LICENSING BUT >DO NOT FORCE ME TO DEPLOY TO MY CLIENTS THE >

ST Stefan Tsalapatis April 12, 2005 06:49 PM UTC

Thanks Stefan Hoening Really,I was relieved with your message :-) If there are not any references to Remoting or calls to unmanaged C++ code I have not problem to deploy the assembly even if I have not the source code. >we actually do ship source code for all our designers. Yes I noticed just before your message I am customer from v.1.x. Best Regards

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon