We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

CellCombo

I''m trying to get the following behavior: In a combobox gridcell, i would like to have the whole text selected when the cell gets the focus. I did not find the selecAll() method.

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 8, 2005 01:22 PM UTC

Try setting the property, grid.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior, to SelectAll to see if that does what you want.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 8, 2005 01:48 PM UTC

It does work. However when i cause to open a form that will display on the grid, it will be sent to back... like if displaying the new form caused some activation of those cell

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 8, 2005 02:31 PM UTC

I am not sure I understand your comment. If you are somehow redisplaying the grid, try calling grid.Focus() to make sure it has the focus.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 15, 2005 02:47 PM UTC

I''ll try to be more clear: I''m using a GridControl and completly reimplemented a FilterBar. My wish is that when the user clicks in the combocell, the text is automatically selected so that he can type over the current text With the option you told me it works However, any window opened over the FilterBar area is automatically sent back. When deactivating the option no problem.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 15, 2005 02:54 PM UTC

So, you have coded some kind of FilterBar is a GridControl, and that code is broken when you set the SelectAll setting. Is that the problem? If it is and you can upload a sample project using your custom code that shows the problem, we can try to suggest some solution. If it is not, then I am still not clear on what you are doing. Can you upload a sample project showing the problem, or maybe upload some prictures that show the problem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon