We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Cancel DropDown Closing

Hi there, Is it possible to cancel/stop a dropdown component in the gridcontrol from closing. What I have is a drop down grid component. I do not want to allow the user to close this grid until certain fields are filled out in the grid. Thanks in advance.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 8, 2005 07:51 AM UTC

The simplest way I know to handle this cleaning is to change the dropdown to be a modal dropdown as in one of the dropdowns in this sample. \Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\In Depth\DropDownFormAndUserControlSample To try to do this in a modeless way means trying to handle multiple ways of exiting the control. Some of these are problematic. For example, normally if you click teh scroll button on teh parent grid, the dropdown closes. You would have to catch this action at a point where you can prevent the actual scroll. Preventing the dropdown from closing is pretty easy. It can be done in the parent.CurrentCellDeactivating event. But the parent grid has already started its scroll at this time. Similarly, if you click teh close button on the parent form, you would have to handle this is a special way. And there are likely other things you would have to catch and handle. Using a Modal dropdown takes care of this for you.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon