We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridDataBoundGrid Exception

Greetings, In my grid I am having a problem with it catched a particular recurring exception. The error message is: catched at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboBoxListBoxHelper.FindKey(IList thisList, PropertyDescriptor property, Object key) in :line 0 It recurs about 25-30 times and I am not sure where I should throw in the try catch to try to find it. I cant seem to find any documentation on it. Any help would be appreciated. There is a lot of code associated with this so thats why I am not posting it up. Thanks.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 7, 2005 11:14 PM UTC

Greetings, I would like to further describe the error. The error occurs mostly when I hover over a ComboBox that is dynamically loaded in the QueryCellInfo event of the gridModel. The code references a preloaded dataset for data and then sets the combo box''s data source accordingly. I am suspicious about the GridStyleINfo and wonder if its being invalidated somehow and recrated causing some kind of problem finding the reference to the datatable. I can provide code if needed. The things I have tried are checking to see if the DataSource is null before setting the source to the table (since the query cell info seems to fire rather often). I have played around with the Binder/Model/Grids Begin/End Update/Init and the grid''s refresh to no avail. I am not certain how to properly use them as its difficult to understand when to use which one (I understand the Binder should only be used when changing the underlying datasource which I am not doing so I dont use that one and I know placing the refresh in the QueryCellInfo throws it into an infinite loop). If needed I can setup a DirectTrack Incident for this.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 8, 2005 02:11 PM UTC

You might want to report this in the grid forum so it will be seen by our grid users who might have feedback for you. What version of our libraries are you using? Generally, it is better to dynamically set dropdownlist using the CurrentCellShowingDrop event. The reason is that this event is only raised when the user clicks the cell to indcate that he want to see the dropdown. QuertCellInfo is hit constantly, and you normally want to restrict the type of code you use in that event. Here is a forum thread that has a sample showing one way to dynamically set the dropdown. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/Forums/message.aspx?MessageID=18524

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon