We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

sub classing the controller

HI, I am attempting to subclass the controller class and am having an issue with objects once they are added to the model. they display fine but the controller appears to no longer recognize any tools such as select or move. I guess I expected to retain all functionality when inheriting from the controller class, and overriding/extending those items I wanted as I needed. Is this an incorrect assumption. Do I need to add all my own tools or am I doing something wrong? thanks, Steve

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 7, 2005 11:22 PM UTC

Hi Steve, Looks like you have used the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.Controller type as the base for your subclassed Controller. Interactive tools are actually registered by the Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Diagram.DiagramController class, a subclass of the Controller type that is used by the Diagram control. It is the DiagramController class that you should set as the base for your subclassed Controller. Regards, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 8, 2005 01:42 PM UTC

Great that worked like a charm. By the way the reason I used the controller class was per your example in the Knowledge base documentation: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/diagram/Default.aspx Steve

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 8, 2005 09:20 PM UTC

Steve, Thanks for pointing that out. The knowledgebase article has been corrected. Prakash Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon