We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Invalid operation error

Hi, I get the following error when I add series to the chartcontrol. -- Exception is -- Object is currently in use elsewhere. System.InvalidOperationException: The object is currently in use elsewhere. at System.Drawing.Graphics.EndContainer(GraphicsContainer container) at System.Windows.Forms.DibGraphicsBufferManager.ReleaseBuffer(GraphicsBuffer buffer) at System.Windows.Forms.GraphicsBuffer.Dispose() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) -- Exception -- Thanks for your help, Sara

5 Replies

SA Sara April 7, 2005 11:24 AM UTC

Hi, I get the following error when I add series to the chartcontrol. -- Exception is -- Object is currently in use elsewhere. System.InvalidOperationException: The object is currently in use elsewhere. at System.Drawing.Graphics.EndContainer(GraphicsContainer container) at System.Windows.Forms.DibGraphicsBufferManager.ReleaseBuffer(GraphicsBuffer buffer) at System.Windows.Forms.GraphicsBuffer.Dispose() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) -- Exception -- Please find the sample application attached. This is the sample which is given during the syncfusion installation. the application as such works fine, but if we change the points to the following it crashes giving the above mentioned error. please replace line 182 to 187 in formmain.cs with the following and you can see it work series.Points.Add(3,6); series.Points.Add(2,9); series.Points.Add(0,5); series.Points.Add(0,8); series.Points.Add(1,7); series.Points.Add(2,9); if the points are double like(3.9,6.6) it works fine but if it is int like(3,6) it gives this error please let me know wht could be the reason. Thanks for your help, Sara cs_9545.zip

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 7, 2005 08:57 PM UTC

Hi Sara, I see the problem based on the information you have provided. I have asked our development team to look into the problem. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

SA Sara April 8, 2005 12:15 PM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the response. Awaiting solution from you. Thanks a lot, Sara

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 11, 2005 04:29 AM UTC

Hi Daivs, Awaiting reply from your side. Please do help. Thanks Sara

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 13, 2005 05:32 PM UTC

Hi Sara, Sorry for the delay in responding. I will inform you as soon as a patch release is available. Thanks, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon