We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

license problem

According to your release notes and read me doc for the 3.0.1 release notes, in order for an app. with the grouping grid to successfully distribute, at least the GroupingConfig control must be dropped onto a form, etc... I''ve dropped, designed and saved numerous syncfusion controls (including GroupingConfig) across a few forms in my project, but i''m having distribution problems still. When a user logs into my app., they see the grouping grid with no problem, but when an action is taken by another class or form interacting with the form containing the grid, I get the following license error: "A valid license cannot be granted for the type Syncfusion.Grouping.GroupingConfig. Contact the manufacturer of the component for more information." The forms and classes are in the same project. Any ideas?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 6, 2005 09:57 PM UTC

Check that all your projects that use Syncfusion have a license.licx included in the project as an embedded resource. Open up the references node in your project and click each syncfusion reference and note the version number that shows up in th eproperty grid. Then open up the license.licx file and check there is a line in it for each syncfusion assembly that holds a syncfusion control you are using. Also make sure the version number matches the references version you noted above. Normally, you would only need an entry for syncfusion.Grouping if you are using that assembly by itself, and not part of the GridGroupingControl support. Just a heads up. The 3.2 release simplifies licensing. There is only a single entry needed no matter what control you are using, and it will be needed on your development system exactly the same as on the deployment system. So, you should not run into any licensing issues when you go to deploy as they should be automatically handled the first time you use the control on your development system.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon